As a blogger who currently works from home, I often go places where I can work from like cafe’s & McDonald ;) I know not the best one, but it has pretty decent wifi and not a bad coffee! Sometimes, I go there when my own broadband let me down, but also when I just need to change an environment.(read:get my bum from bed) McDonald is right in the corner, so it’s often my spot. The downside of it is that it’s usually very loud and it does deconcentrate me.
18 Oct 2016
10 Oct 2016
Brr, this morning I was heading to an interview and despite the sun outside, it was actually quite cold! I think autumn fully entered the UK! It’s not that I complain, but I do prefer warmer days. Saying that, I had to slightly transform my bedroom to allow more light in, so you can catch up with my previous post An Autumn bedroom makeover.
9 Oct 2016
Last week, I had an interesting conversation with a stranger in a cafe at the Piccadilly train station. I have ordered my late and added my matcha tea sachets to my coffee, following by a stir with my whisk. It took me 20seconds to create my tea. I was just about to leave when I heard 'What was that?' question from behind my back. I have turned around, I saw a guy staring at me with a slightly intrigued face expression. I have smiled at him and I explained that it was my ‘’matcha on the go’’ sachet.
7 Oct 2016
Bathrooms can be fun! I have already proved that when I designed a monochrome bathroom for my client. You can see it in my latest portfolio in new my venture: an interior designer/stylist website powered by Houzz ! (free website by the way!). There are multiple ways how you can jazz up your bathroom. Whether you are renting, renovating or just designing bathroom from a scratch, you can make your bathroom unique. You don’t need to particularly change everything and spend a fortune and what's more, there are ways of adding marble and copper that doesn't require ripping off your old tiles! Today, I have teamed up with Network VEKA to talk a bit about style and decided to help you create marble and copper bathroom on a budget! (image above Horton&Codesign)
4 Oct 2016
If you remember my post How to make a gallery wall in a rented apartment, you know that my room for the summer was full of pink vibes (obviously!). As autumn fully kicked off now and days are getting shorter, therefore we have less light during the day. So, I had to swap things around to allow more light in my room. I decided to take down some of my pink posters and create a little cosy, yet light and brighten up the bedroom for autumn. I wanted to do an autumn room makeover for ages and now, I do have to admit that I am fully pleased with the change. The room is now bright and airy!
26 Sep 2016
Last week, I was invited to join Stradivarius on their opening night at the Oxford circus in London.
I got really excited, as I know the brand! Stradivarius is very popular in Europe already, and I was little surprised to hear that they only ‘’just’’ opening a London store! I adore their fashion pieces
Kurt Geiger shoes, I have instantly spotted the Ladbrook low top trainers. These come in several colour options, including pale pink, but once for a change, I decided to leave the pink ( and perhaps because I don’t need a 10th pair of pink shoes in my wardrobe!) I instantly feel in love!
23 Sep 2016
Since I was a little girl, I was always dreaming of winning loads of money and become rich! Then, I would imagine myself spending on a big house, a car, and some exotic trip! My family has always been playing the lottery, especially my grandad and my dad. My grandad once won large amount! I remember the bags of sweets! They had arguments with my grandma but she would always give him some pocket money for ‘lotek’ as they used to call it. I would often go with grandad to buy tickets, and help him chose numbers! It brings a smile to my face when I think about it! So many memories!
As they say, the apple doesn’t fall far from a tree, I am now following their path! I play every week, and I'm not ashamed of that. I do believe, I will win one day and I put small pocket many once a month,even to play scratch cards and dream of winning 1mln like, the road worker in Manchester! I want a fabulous life, who doesn't?
I was trying my luck in competitions since I remember. Whether these are blogger competitions or just any other social media based. I won many prizes as well. My recent was a huge bag of goodies from The Body Shop once they held their twitter party or Housology Facebook competition where I won a nice designer throw. The one I am constant unlucky is winning a holiday or big money! Ah! I guess I just have to work hard or keep playing!
Two years ago, National Lottery held a competition called Millionaire Lifestyle, where all participants had to upload a video saying why they should win! There were few amazing prizes like a holiday on some exotic island or Helicopter trip over London! I wanted to win so much that I took part! Sadly I didn't win but here you, have a laugh! ;) ps. this was when I had blond hair ;p
As you can see, I am always trying my luck. Recently, I was introduced to Lottoland.co.uk and given some credits to play online. As a gamer in my blood, I wanted to try. I didn’t understand this at first but as soon as I logged in it become very clear! It’s basically betting against lotteries in other countries, which you normally wouldn’t be able to play as you have to be a resident. With Lottoland, I played the Polish Lottery! I chose my numbers as I would normally online, and placed my bet. It cost pretty much the same as you would normally bet, so around £2 per ticket. It can be costly, so just be careful, as you have the same chance as you would play in that country. It all depends on of the winning numbers! You can also join EuroMillions syndicates, which is basically more people playing and you have better chances to win. I have played for Tuesday and this Friday, so oh gosh wish me luck!
Also, just a note from myself. All games are games in the end and you have to play responsibly! I have set myself a goal of spending £15-20 tops each month, sometimes I will win more, sometimes I will lose. It’s a luck in the end of the day! You are a responsible adult! I have a very competitive spirit and I am definitely trying! I promised myself I will win big one day!
* collaborative post, I was given a credit to play online and try :) so opinion is entirely my own! I play myself every week but please be responsible!
20 Sep 2016
I’m not going to lie, I first spotted Gigi Hadid after she started dating Zayn Malik. Whenever I clicked on social media, it was all over it. I instantly spotted her beauty and personal style. Gigi picks campaigns that are close to her heart, and this really makes her stand out. I really love her confidence and effortless style!
19 Sep 2016
After my previous post What I learnt from Blogging Awards, I wanted to also chat about Olympics, as I find it very very inspiring!
This year, The Great Britain best sports talents brought back home a bunch of gold medals from Olympics 2016. I followed the news, and whenever I had a moment, I watched the fight for that little gold disc. Exactly! Why people train so much, spend ours and train so hard, while being on a very strict diet, just for the sake of some gold disc? No, they want to achieve and prove themselves, they can rule the word! As a blogger who won 2 Blogging Awards , I know exactly what it means, despite someone would say it’s a plastic or glass trophy, for me this means a lot.
I always lived my live relaxed and ‘whatever next day will bring’. Once, I am more mature and actually pay attention to my life choices and decisions, I feel more in control. It all started when I made a decision to go to college. With a book of Abigail Ahern ‘’A Girl's Guide to Decorating'' and a letter from a restaurant manager saying ‘’I can speak a little English’’ I went for an interview and my amazing tutor Heather, gave me the chance and accepted me into the course. From a girl who had no clue about decorating, I made myself a promise I will do anything to succeed! And I kept that promise to myself. I went to university and got my first award then, a Dean’s Award for a contribution to an interior design! Imagine my surprise and happiness! This made me realise, that I can do whatever I want as long as I work hard for it! Then, my blog was born!
|Members of team GB returning home|
So, What I learned from Olympics 2016 ?!
To win and succeed, it’s not just to do well in the game. You have to be prepared in advance and by watching Olympics, I realised that the sportsman doesn't just do sport. It takes years of physical preparation but also it takes loads of research toward new technologies and equipment. It takes a time to find the right diet that gives the exact amount of nutritious and energy for the sportsman.
Me:This also reminds me that the same with blogging, it takes time. I daily search for new apps how to schedule, how to improve the layout and learn more and more. It’s not just to seat and write to take pretty pictures. I do go out to events and do networking, and answer tonnes of emails that helps with future collaborations! I am being ProActive!
If you don’t love what you do, no one will! The best gifs on the internet from Olympics are those with the face of emotions from the sportsman. Whether is a disappointment of loose or the happiness of win, sportsman's are the most passionate in what they doing. I've not seen a face of any contestant who would just ‘’stood there’’ because it pays a lot. They all love what they doing and that’s what makes them succeed!
Me: This is the same with me and blogging. I just love it! Before, when I started I would accept gifts from brands because I was just happy to get a parcel. I ended up with a writer block because I wasn’t passionate about the item. One day, I man up and packed all the gifts and send them back to brands saying, ‘I am sorry it’s not my style’.
When you watch the way how sportsman concentrates and push to win it’s so inspiring! They had goals once, and they will do everything to get to the podium. If I find someone who’s name is not well known, and they just won, I instantly research them! I want to know how they did it. I want to read their inspiring biography.
Me: Seeing people’s story’s who were extremely determined and succeed it’s the biggest motivation to myself. I went myself from nothing to a list of achievements. A real people story means to me more, than a story of a rich girl, who bought herself 15 Chanel bags, photographed them and got 10K followers.
Thrive for Success.
They are there to win. They not being sent to Olympics game for fun or treatment. This is not a Xfactor were, even less talented people are accepted. This is a game, a game that can be extremely danger but people are there to win. If they wouldn’t be talented or seeing as potential winners, they wouldn’t be sent to take part in it. Simple as that.
Me: Despite that blogging is not a game, I still have goals I have clearly written and I am there to ‘win them’ and I am not talking about blogging awards. Blogging awards were the push factor same as for sportsman to be ‘’accepted’’ and I am now on my own game to win the biggest ‘’trophy’’; be successful in life.
I get inspired but many aspects of life. it's not just other bloggers or big writers, I take what life is showing and I just learn life. It's funny how I barely watch sport a few years back, but now I look for successful real life stories everywhere! While doing a research for this post a came across this fun test Olympics sport or not, try it! I love Olympics, and I am very much surprised by myself that I didn't watch it before! I've changed so many things, since I am living in UK!
Do you watch Olympics?
Amara Interior Blog Awards in Best Colour Inspiration Blog. (Yay)
I know that award is one thing and the key to success is another. I don’t blog just for awards. Awards it’s a great proof that your work is recognised but it’s just my ‘’button’’ to push myself to work even harder. When I got shortlisted, I know I am doing things right, that people still feel they want to vote for me, and they still read my blog and believe in me. (Read How I won Amara Interior blog Awards & Cosmopolitan Blog Awards)
So, what I learnt from blogging awards?
1. People were voting for me, which means they do care. This is a reward itself! Knowing that people do love my blog and what I created it’s great. Not everyone feels like clicking into links and vote, despite some of them may take few seconds some people are just not bothered. Most of the blog awards, works that you have to gather enough amount of votes to get through, so seeing that you actually beat some big bloggers makes you go ‘Wowww thank you!
2. Trophy on a shelf, remind me every day that ‘’I did it!’’ It’s crazy how many times, I would happily past the shelf and by looking at the award I would burst into tears and spend an entire hour crying! I am too emotional I know, but these are the happiness tears! I was always doubting myself but my awards gave me so much confidence!
3. To win an award I had to tick many boxes, it’s not just about pretty layout or nice pictures. I have developed your own style, the tone of my voice and inspire people. I’ve spend hours to get the right shots, to edit the photos and work on the post layout. It taught me to keep closer attention to each detail of the blog. Keep my style, and don’t do thing I don’t feel like.
4. Work hard. It also reminds me to keep working hard. If I achieved such a thing like being awarded, this means, there is a whole word by my feet, and I just need to keep going!
5. The blogging community it’s unreal! I made so many blogging friends who support and with whom I chat every day! These people are closer to my heart than many ‘’real’’ friends. I was told recently that I rely too much on online life but I have received more supports from online strangers than from a ‘’real’’ friend that I trusted. They were there when I was my lowest, and they were there when I needed votes!
6. There are real people as well as bloggers out there. I found that many bloggers, tend to keep themselves to bloggers only. There have been many blogging discussions about ‘’some freak is following me’’(example) and bloggers been blocking them because they don’t have a www in a bio. How wrong? Real people tweet, and comment and they are the ones I initially started to blog for! I don’t blog just for other bloggers, I blog for everyone. I learnt that this ‘’freak’’ was the one who voted for me, shared my voting plea and always comment! This ‘’freak’’ also recommended my blog to his friend PR, who contacted me and I did an amazing collaboration! Don't judge people! Let everyone in!
7. Help others. I also noticed some bloggers get ‘’annoyed’’ if a newbie blogger DM them or asked them ‘’how do you work with brands’ or ‘’How do you get followers’’. They tend to just block them forgetting that they didn’t start the blog with a 10K on Twitter or Instagram full of great pictures! I get tonnes of DM asking me for advice, and I always reply. I usually send them helpful links to read or explain briefly. Those who asking me, what app you use, how did I do this etc. knows I am happy to answer any questions. I don’t make a secret of it. I received an amazing help from people when I started and I am giving it back. After all, the ‘’newbies’’ are those who are first to vote when the voting is open.
Winning an Award has been a huge part of my blogging and definitely, it is an amazing feeling but I know that the biggest reward is knowing that there people there who like my blog and most of all; read it!