So, at last! I have made my first DIY! I have found my old modelling clay from uni times and decided to used it! I needed desperately pencil and small clips holders! So, I had the material and the idea..! I didn't know at first what to do with it, like what shape, size etc. I've seen plastic ugly clip holders and liked the shape not the plastic..boom! First idea. Second was a little random; I just wanted a bit of geometrical pattern. My eyes laid on wire round basket and I decided to take the pattern of it. Please give me a little credit for it. It;s not perfect but I am proud of it ;) Oh and don't forget to scroll down to check the New Wire Cage shelf on my Desk!!
To make this holders, is the easiest thing in the world! Just bear in mind few things;
1. Don't over warm clay with your hands as it will stick to your surfaces.
2. Clay has tendency to break it, not like plasticine that can stick together well.
3. To separate the clay of you surface don't just pull off, use your tools.
4. Tools also will help you to draw patterns etc.
5. You can be more creative and use lace, wool, rope etc. any patterned texture surface! Just press the your ready shape and it's done!
6. Do it gently so it won't stick to the surface.(Mine did few times and it was nightmare).
8. By using card you can be even more creative. You can simply stick clay to your card, remove the excess of the clay (just leave on side to join with other parts).
9. Have fun with it!Enjoy!