It’s Christmas! I am soo excted! I honestly can’t wait for the day when I seat in front of TV with loads of food and chocolates. I will be watching ‘Love actually’ while my not-husband-yet will be trying to convince me it’s crappy movie so he can play Xbox! I have done proper clean-up of the apartment, throwing away 12 large bin bags of things I am too embarrassed to mention!
I always admired the stunning DIY Xmas decorations on Instagram! This year I decided to do Mine! Yay! I was extremely inspired by Will from Bright Bazaar who did amazing DIY calendar for House of Frazer! I totally loved the tutorial video! Will is ace isn’t?
It seemed to be pretty easy! I was like, perhaps I could try! It’s Xmas, it’s #YourRules after all, so here we go, my advent calendar- super easy to make, promise! I can do it, you can do it as well!
Here we go;
- This will be your project for next year, so start by gathering any small boxes, price tags, little bags. You can use any old jewelery boxes, create your own envelopes etc. It really fun!
- You will need copper hanger. I got mine from Primark for like £4 I think!
- Gather all colorful strings and sweets! The list also includes; small pegs, water colours, copper effect paint, stencil template, craft paper and washi tape! Don't forget to get glue and paint brushes or even kitchen sponge!
- First steps to stencil into required bags. I need to admit that stenciling onto paper,-smudged :( Best worked for cotton, so perhaps cut out a small square and stencil into that and then glue it!
- I also used tea bag method! Its that simple; drunk your tea first ;) I recommend earl grey as it taste amazing but also has strong colour! Print some numbers from internet and once the tea bag is cool enough just stamp onto paper! It will give you this extra edge texture!
and its done!
*Post sponsored by House of Frazer