So, I have collaborated with Wayfair.co.uk to show you how to create smart storage and pretty #SpringShelfie at same time! I want to show you how to style it and make it look just right, so you have that extra storage you need, a bookcase and pretty shelving to display your ornaments in a tiny space! Challenge accepted, hey! Wayfair is one of my favourite online stores where you can buy so many pretty decorative items, furniture and amazing lighting in totally affordable prices!
- Determine type of furniture. What type of furniture you have in your room already? I know, there is so many really cool types of bookshelf! Don’t be tempted by this cool geometrical if you have traditional furniture style. Keep same style and perhaps check leg type ( read my guide to french chic style furniture) I have chosen mine based on legs next to my desk.
- Colour. Remember, don’t mix too many wood colours. If your furniture are beach don’t be tempted by this nice oak shelving, especially if your flooring is wooden already!
- Dimensions. Always, always & always measure. The height, the width and depth! Buying bookcase may be easy, returning it.. not so easy! some companies offer free collect service.. some! Not all and often you end up spending quite a load of your money for courier service.
- Texture and colour. You want to look into different variations of textures. This will create more interest. You don’t want to go for just all glossy like glass ornaments you can add metal, wood, patterns etc. mix stripes with green plants and i also added some pastels! You can create your favourite colour scheme as well. I added pink and copper, of course!
- Height and asymmetry. There are people who got mad if something gone asymmetrical. I am the one who is madly in love with asymmetry! I need 3 things in various heights! But don’t be scared to use 3 similar height items! If these are 3 different but same texture appearance you allowed to 😉
- Detail. This is crucial! You want to get the right detail priligy there but not over clutter your shelf! If you already chosen what is going up on your shelf, thats good. Think again of number 1 and textures. Once you sorted that, then check your items closely. Personalise!I have chosen my A retro block letter lamp because of 2 things, A as Anna of course as first letter of my name, then A as I am madly in love with typography and pretty little liars! I have love for geometry so therefore, my geometrical candle look place next to. I wouldn’t forget my books of course and mixed this amazing Urban Luxe alarm clock in copper! I also found a first type of dslr in vintage shop for like £7 so decided to place it on my shelf!
- Plants. You do have to add some nature to your Spring Shelfie! You can add fresh flowers of course! I unfortunately have 2 furry trouble makers, whose scratch post is right next to so I had to say no to bucket of fresh flowers but you do as much as you can! I have instead opted for small gypsohilplia type of plants. I have instead opted for small cactuses, which I have confidentially place then on the bottom as I know my cats will keep away and also after placing my stripy storage box from Homesense, I had little space there.
I have browsed though an amazing items of Wayfair to find the solutions. I have compared several units and measures quite a lot. After a little while I have finally found what i wanted. I opted for Narrow Accent Shelves by Hill interiors. I loved the fact that is like ladder type shelf unit as legs of my desk are rather painter table so this matched perfectly!