UK Blog Hop: Jazzing Up a Christmas Stag head and bedroom update
Christmas is round the corner and it’s time to decorate the entire flat! Yay! I am starting with some festive touches in my bedroom! I took part in the UK Interior Blog Hop with some fab interior bloggers, so scroll down to bottom to found out to who should you link next 🙂 Kimberly Duran, the awesome blogger and winner of Blogger Choice Award is the Host of the Blog Hop and you definitely can’t miss her post about her dreamy Christmas Home!
Last week The French Bedroom Company kindly gifted me a white large stag head and challenge me to give it a festive look. My first idea was to hang some baubles over the antlers but hey, how boring and anti-creative would that be? I decided to paint the antlers pink (obviously) and initial idea was to add glitter and do a bit of decoupage but then I just realised that I would just go over the top and decided to decorate with festive roses I got from Bents.co.uk (more decorations from them you will on my Christmas tree).
MY DIY Christmas tree (tutorial soon 😉 and my new Pink Instax
To jazz up my stag head was super easy and it was ready within 1h. I was also sent RustOleum box of paints and the Interior and exterior paint in pastel pink so I instantly knew, it was the ‘one’.
1. Wrap the ends of your stags with masking tape, just the art when is joined to the head and leave some tape out, so you can easily take it off later. 2
2. Wrap your neck and head part of your stag with a plastic bag and tape the rest. This will help you cover your entire head in paint ( if you are using spray paints- believe me you must do it!)
3. Take this outdoor. Spray paints are extremely flammable but also toxic so you really don’t want to spray that at home!
4. Cover the area you will be spraying with some plastic sheet or whatever you find better to protect like old bed sheets etc.
5. When spraying keep your camera in a fair distance. I have managed to get tiny spots on my lens so only quick action saved my £200 lens! nexium Geez me..
6. Re-touch in 1h and the let it dry completely for 24h.
7. Once is complete, just wrap pretty flowers around one of the antlers and you are pretty much done! How simple is that?!
I have only started my Christmas bedroom and it’s in is very first stages, so keep your eye on blog for reveal of rest of the rooms. The star above the headboard it’s from Houseology and print it’s from Desenio. My minimal Wall Christmas tree it’s a complete DIY and you will see the post later on the week. 🙂
I am changing my bedroom every few months and before you could see the Boho influences in my Autumn bedroom makeover or sweet black and white touches in Sainsbury’s Home Challenge. When it comes to Christmas, I want this place to be sweet and cosy again. Christmas were always for me pink and pastels rather green and red, therefore I like to keep my bedroom in my pink vibes. Apart from doing my DIY’s around, I also added touches like LED lamps and cheesy cotton balls. I have left over some twig from my DIY advent calendar and decided to hung my KreisDesign ornaments from last year. Literally took 1min to create the wall decor and I think it’s quite effective. I battled whether should I remove my cheese plant but then I have wrapped some Primark LED lights, which make it fake-tree like- and now it’s a truly cheesy plant ;p
Another DIY idea, spray painted twig I had left from my advent calendar. Kreisdesign & Homebase decorations.
Now, jump to another blogger Renovation Bay-Bee and check her Christmassy Home! Please don’t miss any other bloggers as you will find an amazing inspirations every single day!