Now we know this may seem even
- Fill it with your
partnersfavourite things: Fill your home with your partnersfavourite thing for the ultimate romance. Maybe they love candles, maybe they love blankets, books, fairy lights, photos of you two together. Whatever it is, fill your home with it!
- Get creative: This is your chance to really show your partner how much you care. Make sure that you start thinking outside of the box. Cover the ceiling in glow in the dark stars so that it feels like an outdoor evening meal, cook something super fancy, fill the room with balloons and attach a reason that you love them to each one. Get creative!
- Make a fort: Making a fort or a cove in your home to relax and laugh
inis a really fun way to bring back childhood memories and bond with one another. Pick up a few extra blankets or bedding with an Argos discount code and build yourself a good old fort!
Now it may be a little cold at this time of the year, but heading out for a walk in the woods is a great way to spark the romance. There is something really magical about the sunlight falling through the trees and the small drops of dew sparkling on the foliage. Head to the woods with a picnic – and an umbrella just in case – and cosy up under the canopy. You can even take some lanterns, a table and chairs or fairy lights to make it that bit more special. Maybe take a small gazebo in case of rain!
Where did you first meet?
Heading back to the place that you first met as a couple is a great way to bring back positive memories and get you and your partner reconnecting. Pack some food and head to the location that you met in. Spend the day recalling all of your memories and laughing about how silly and young you were. If you can’t go back to the place where you first met, then consider replicating it at home! If it was a coffee shop then get in the same coffee and food that you had when you first met. If you met in the post office then hang a dozen letters from the ceiling. Where you first met – or any place that holds incredible memories for you – is a great Valentines venue idea! Here are a couple other places that you could go that may have significant meaning:
- Your wedding venue: go back to the place that you got married and reminisce about the magic of your big day.
- Your first house together: Now we are not proposing that you go into the house, but go and have a look at it from the outside. Remind yourselves of how far you have come together. Visit a local cafe that you used to visit when you both lived there. Get those memories pouring in!
- Your first holiday: Maybe you just had a staycation not too far away, or maybe you headed abroad for a romantic week in the sun. Either way, going back to your
first holidaydestination is a great way to bring back those memories and spark the romance!
Reconnect in a teepee, cottage or cabin
One of the most romantic Valentines night venues on the planet is a tent. Head out on a glamping trip and rekindle your love under the stars or by a fire! Staying in a teepee, cottage or cabin is one of the best ways to enhance intimacy and get you both giddy!
A great way to help the two of you bond and connect on Valentine’s Day is to volunteer for a local charity. Imagine, instead of spending £150 on a meal in a restaurant that you have been to twenty times before, you will be helping those who need a little more love in their lives. Make a homeless or animal shelter your Valentines venue and enjoy team building with your partner and helping those that really need it. This is an idea that is sure to get every girl’s heart pumping!
There are so many different ways that you can make Valentine’s Day a little more special this year. By putting in just a little bit of effort, you could be having a Valentines Day to remember, rather than one that simply blurs into the rest. So make sure that you consider switching it up at home, reconnecting under a teepee, heading for a picnic in the woods, going back to the places the matter to you or even volunteering at a local charity. The main port of call for having an romantic, reminiscent and memorable Valentine’s Day is to personalise it to you and your relationship. Forget the local hot spots, go to the places that mean the most to you and your partner this Valentine’s Day.