However, doing so many changes to your hair, can damage them massively. I have decided to chat about it a bit today. I have prevues written a post about Pastel pink hair an explained the process of bleaching. You have to be aware of it, as sadly years of keeping my hair pink it did damage them and weakened them.
|Here you can find similar culottes, velvet shoes and socks.|
This is one of the reasons, I have decided to change my hair this year. Another was that I just simply needed a change. There have been huge changes in my life, personal life and I want to reflect that into my look. I feel like I have grown up a bit this year, and pink hair no longer was reflecting who I am.
To success with great hair is not only genes. There are multiple things you can do to keep them shiny and healthy. You need specific products and you need a strict hair routine from inside and outside to keep them healthy. I would suggest you invest in good quality products and keep them separately in some cool carry case like hairdressers do. I can recommend Capital Hair & Beauty cases as they have really wide range selection of products to store all your favourite items. This will help you keep your routine, keep your products all in place and separately for you to reach them anytime and they won’t mix with your there products at home, therefore no one else will accidentally use your expensive continuer for no reason. It may sound selfish but believe me, when you spend £45 for a good product and your boyfriend uses it because he has no clue what it is, then it can seriously damage your budget too.
- washing. Use good quality shampoo, my favourite is redken extreme anti-snap shampoo. I have been using the series for ages and It’s best of best!
- conditioner. Here, I use smart bond from L’oreal, which is a similar version of olaplex ( just cheaper and bigger bottle) I use it after each wash.
- mask. The same as the need of using facemask every week, you have to use hair masks at least once a week. I use again redken extreme strength builder as It has ingredients that work with my hair.
- natural oils. this is another very important process. Once a week I use natural masks I made at home. I use extra virgin olive live oil with coconut oil and spoon of macademia nut oil. I mix them, warm the up a bit and leave for an hour before washing and conditioning my hair. You may notice how quickly my hair grew now!
- washing hair. Wish your hair very gently, like barely mix them just smooth the shampoo down the lengths. I learned this when I had ornament extensions ad I saw the difference it make to hair.
- drying. instead of wrap towel your hair, gently just press the excess water and wrap them in cotton t-shirt, very gently. Try to not apply much pressure.
- drying with a hairdryer. Only use the cold air option. Just completely forget the warm one. I can’t stress enough how important this part is. When I see hairdresser drying my hair with warm air, I just want to scream!
- ends. Apply macadamia nut oil to your ends after drying if you are staying home
- from inside. As much as eating avocados, natural oils and drinking water, you can also help your hair by taking supplements. My favourite is Viviscal hair tablets. This massively helped me with my hair.
- water. this maybe obvious, but drinking water is just same as washing your hair. it’s a must. if you are dehydrated, your hair will be too.
- styler. This was number one that damaged my hair. Use styler that had controlled temperature and count seconds as soon as the styler reach your hair. My hair curls fairly quick and I noticed that 5 seconds its more than enough and if I keep 10seconds on weak hair, I will lose that streak a week later! Yes, the hair in that area will strip off! this is what 5 seconds with wand curler can do to your hair.
- blow dry. If you need to blow dry your hair use, heat protection! always! Redken Pillow proof product range contains heat protection and also give you the best possible volume you can imagine! I have super thin hair and this is just perfection.
- flat iron. I use GHD hair straightener for years now and I can swear by the brand. I think you don’t need to follow the latest expensive products range ( unless you want to ) as any of their products are good really.
- bleaching. Only use products you know at home or read my post about bleaching hair to understand what you need to do.
- colouring. if you use home kits, ALWAYS use strand test and allergy test first. Believe me, the tears I had after my hair turning blue, orange or yellow is nothing comparing to the stress I given through!